The CSPL presents this award annually to a physician who has made an outstanding contribution to the development and mentorship of medical leaders in the field of health services leadership and management. The nominee should demonstrate outstanding abilities in one or more of the following categories:
Commitment to enhancing the role of physicians in the management of health care delivery organizations
Leadership in a hospital or health region management role
Significant contribution to leadership development within CSPL or any related organization, hospital or program of local, provincial or national in scope
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- The award shall be known as the CSPL Medical Leadership Award or the Chris Carruthers Award.
- The Award shall be presented to a physician who has made an outstanding contribution to the development and mentorship of medical leaders in the field of health services leadership and management.
- The award winner will receive a personalized plaque to be presented at the Annual General Meeting of CSPL.
- The nominee must be a Canadian physician who is a CSPL member in good standing.
- CSPL shall be under no obligation to present the award annually and it may be awarded to more than one person in a given year.
- This award will not be awarded posthumously. In the event of the demise of the nominee after being selected but before being presented with the award, it shall be presented posthumously.
- Nominations may be submitted, accompanied by suitable documentation, by any physician member of CSPL. Documentation will consist of a completed nomination form, a detailed letter qualifying the nominee and the nominee’s curriculum vitae. Nominations submitted electronically (e.g., fax or email) will be considered so long as the original documentation is later submitted. Hand written submissions will not be accepted.
- A nomination may be re-submitted in a subsequent year.
- The Chair of the Nomination Committee of CSPL shall receive nominations six weeks prior to the Canadian Conference on Physician Leadership at which the award is to be presented. They should be sent to the Chair, Awards Committee, c/o Carol Rochefort, Executive Director, Canadian Society of Physician Leaders, 875 Carling Ave. suite 323, Ottawa, Ontario K1S 5P1 613-369-8322. firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Nomination Committee shall make the final decision by consensus.
- The recipient of this award shall be offered the opportunity of attending the Canadian Conference on Physician Leadership to accept the award at the expense of CSPL.