CSPL is Seeking Two Dedicated Board Members!
Are you passionate about advancing leadership and making a difference in the healthcare system? The Canadian Society of Physician Leaders (CSPL) is looking for two dynamic physicians to join our Board of Directors. Candidates must be a CSPL member and self-nomination is accepted.
About CSPL: For 25 years, CSPL has sought opportunities and partnerships to provide physician leaders with forums for education and networking, quality leadership development programs and member-valued tools, such as the Canadian Journal of Physician Leadership and the annual Canadian Conference on Physician Leadership to help them succeed in their health care leadership and management roles.
Position: Board Member (2 Positions) As a CSPL Board Member, you will play a vital role in guiding our organization's strategic direction and decision-making. The roles are unpaid voluntary positions. Members serve a minimum three (3) year term and can be elected for a total of three (3) terms. The Board traditionally meets three times per year – two virtual meetings, one in the Spring and the other in the Fall, and one in-person at the annual leadership conference.
• Work positively, co-operatively and respectfully with fellow board members to set organizational goals and strategies.
• Participate in all board meetings and discussions.
• Provide guidance and support for CSPL initiatives and programs.
• Be an ambassador for the organization in the community and among your colleagues and peers.
• Help shape and act as an advocate for physician leadership development in Canada.
Qualifications: We are looking for physicians of all backgrounds who possess the following attributes:
• Knowledgeable about CSPL and its mission and vision, and effectively applies knowledge, experience and expertise to achieve its goals.
• Understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Board as well as the principles of good governance.
• A high level of dedication and commitment to responsibilities that extends beyond attending board meetings regularly.
How to Apply: If you're ready to embark on an exciting journey to enhance physician leadership, we invite you to apply for one of the two available Board Member positions. Please send your resume and a brief cover letter highlighting how your lived experience, professional standing and development will prepare you to serve as a Board Director to firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 15, 2023 – Call for expressions of interest closes
February 2024 – Candidates will be notified of the status of their expression of interest
May 25, 2024 – The two Board candidates will be presented for ratification at CSPL’s AGM
Don't miss this chance to be part of a community that's driving change and advancing physician leadership.